[Xesam] [nepomuk-kde] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 13:55:41 PDT 2009

On 6 июня 2009 23:52:24 Ivan Frade wrote:
> > > Herewith I'd like to volunteer to assist in maintaining the NFO. Over
> > > the last three years I have been working on a project that focuses on
> > > efficient attribute based file management for storage abstraction in
> > > Semantic Desktops. The results of this project will be published in
> > > October this year and I'd like to propose the developed Ontology for
> > > integration into NEPOMUK.
>
> Sounds great. Something we can know in advance? Is it a deep modification
> of NFO? extensions? I want to propose some (minor) modifications in NFO and
> have some extensions, so i am really curious about your changes.

I'd like to clarify that it's not necessary to be a maintainer of an ontology
to propose changes ;)

Moreover I think it would make sense to introduce a "no ticket -  no commit"
policy. That is, all but trivial changes should first be first discussed in
the issue tracker and even if the changes are good and wanted there must be a
decision making documentation somewhere and the best place for this is the
issue tracker.