[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Mon Jun 8 04:12:37 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 10:49 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 20:14 +0200, Roberto Guido wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 18:18 +0200, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> > > I would like to know the names of people who
> > > feel responsible to work for the quality. I would like to see an
> > > ontology maintainer/editor for each ontology.
> > >
> > Here I am: after so many criticism, I'm curious to follow the game as
> > near as possible. I candidate myself for NMO.
>
> Note that NMO will be among the most difficult to maintain as me and
> Evgeny Egorochkin have already made quite a bit of changes to it, that
> will somehow have to be upstreamed.
>
> You can find a TTL of the NMO as how we'll need it here:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/tracker/tree/data/ontologies/34-nmo.ontology
>
> > Pro:
> > - enough time to follow evolution of discussions
> > - supported by an italian company involved in semantic free software
> > development (and perhaps next OSCAF member ;-) )
> >
> > Cons:
> > - little experience in maintainance of large projects, so a mentor would
> > be appreciated at least in the beginning
>
> I'm sure Evgeny Egorochkin will help you with that, wont you Phreedom?

I can help with co-maintainership too. If the other Nepomuk team members
agree I propose co-maintaining NMO.

Pro:

- I wrote Tinymail, a library that abstracts MIME, IMAP and POP for
  E-mail client developers. I was involved in the development of Modest,
  an E-mail client being used by Nokia.

- I made the changes to the NMO ontology in Tracker, so that it would be
  possible to store MIME formatted messages

Cons:

- Same as above, it means I have a small bias on what yesterday's E-mail
  clients needed to pragmatically accomplish 'being an E-mail client'.

- I somewhat understand MIME and IMAP's BODYSTRUCTURE. Apparently that's
  a con ;-) (it must have frustrated Evgeny a lot).