[Xesam] packaging problem

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Tue Jun 30 09:07:59 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

I am having a little trouble with setting it all up.
Leo pointed out that using trig directly might give us trouble when we want to
verify since there are no tools.

That means we have 2 possibilities:

1.
write our own tools for verification and so on (it would probably be
sufficient to extract the data graph and the metadata graph from each trig
file and then validate them separately.

2.
use 2 turtle files and merge them at build time (I see no point in having both
the turtle and the trig in svn. It only leads to trouble with people commiting
changes to the trig by accident or what not. And it is not clean). But that
means that we need a script that can merge the files and output trig. I don't
think we can use the existing tools written in java for that as it would add a
compile-time java-dependency. Thus, we need a script in python or perl or
something. I looked at python rdf libs, there is no trig serializer support.

So what should we do? Store trig or 2 turtle files and merge on build-time?

BTW: I also think the docs should be merged at build-time. That also means
that the java tools need to be ported to a scripting language. I could use
help with that.

Cheers,
Sebastian