[Xesam] [nepomuk-kde] An open-source project for desktop ontology maintenance

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Sun May 10 23:24:29 PDT 2009

> What risks are we exposed to?
>
> ATM there's nothing obvious(to me) in the spec that would require you
> paying money in order to see it or implement it. The real risk is some
> f-tard patenting SPARQL or something, but it's not specific or related to
> OSCAF in any way.

exactly. If you read the other mails, we currently discuss to do the
development on a sf page named oscaf which I am the maintainer of (and could
also make Mikkel or Evgeny maintainer, too). Thus, it is a real open project
hosting the ontologies. OSCAF is merely the gateway to the corporate world
which will be very happy with out efforts + allows companies to have an
"official" "person" to address.

Cheers,
Sebastian