[Xesam] upcoming push of release to /ontologies on different server

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Tue Nov 10 09:27:00 PST 2009

Hi Xesame, Oscaf,

To keep you updated:

Currently, the server hosting www.semanticdesktop.org is sponsored and
administrated by XWiki,
who have done so for many years now. Stéphane Laurière manages this.
To manage the updates to the ontologies faster, we are moving the server
closer to Xesam/NEPOMUK-KDE/Oscaf,
by hosting them on a server controlled by Sven Ruby, the OSCAF
foundation coordinator.
The new server is the one Sven also uses to host www.oscaf.org

Tudor Groza (a NEPOMUK project veteran) from DERI (an OSCAF founding
member) is working
on this currently and it will take some time.

We expect it to work within a week, to be on the safe side we guarantee
it to work within two weeks.
Then the ontologies developed at oscaf.sf.net will be served from
the new server at the correct namespace.
There may be some glitches in DNS propagation, as usually.

This does not stop us from doing a proper release of the ontologies as
KDE package anytime,
it just helps to have them semantic-web standard conformantly hosted on
a HTTP server
under the namespace they use. [1]

if you have questions, pose them on the mailinglist.

best
Leo

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313