[Xesam] comparison of Nepomuk (the EU project) and Gnowsis - blogpost

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at gnowsis.com
Sun Nov 21 06:58:02 PST 2010

Hi Xesam,

I tried to compare what we currently do at Gnowsis with what I did
before and what I think you/we do at Xesam and NEPOMUK-KDE.

here:
http://www.gnowsis.com/about/blog/2010/11/20/how-does-gnowsis-relate-nepomuk-and-others

Especially there is this paragraph somewhere in the middle with my view
on what is going on over at OSCAF (Sebastian and I have been talking
about this a bit last week...)

"To keep the active projects compatible after the NEPOMUK EU project
ended in 2008, we founded OSCAF in 2009. Within this
non-profit-organisation we (= mostly Sebastian Trüg from KDE/Mandriva,
Nokia contractors working on Gnome, and me from Gnowsis) are discussing
how to keep things simple and compatible. Mostly, the standardization
work just happens within the open source projects.  More companies and
research institutions are backing OSCAF and we are working to streamline
OSCAF into a more focussed group. Cluug is compatible because the
underlying data formats are standardized, this is very important to us."

comments welcome, best done directly at the blog post!

If this is somehow factually wrong, correct it in a comment and I will
update the post.

greetings
Leo Sauermann, Dr.
CEO and Founder