[xliff-tools] The PO entries

Tim Foster Tim.Foster at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 16 08:20:19 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 15:02, Bruno Haible wrote:
> * 1.4 PO entry
>
> I would recommend not to assign numeric IDs like "##1".
> They would make it impossible to copy & paste from an XLIFF file
> to another one.

Ack : would people really do this ? We're using "a1" ... "a<lots>"
in our implementation, which makes it quite easy to see at a glance
how many trans-units there are in the file, something that would
require a bit more work if you were to go for a pseudo random naming
scheme (plus the app generating those numbers to convert po to xliff
would have to make sure that each new number doesn't clash with
existing ones)

	cheers,
			tim
--
Tim Foster - Tools Engineer, Software Globalisation
http://sunweb.ireland/~timf http://blogs.sun.com/timf