[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-nv 2.1.9

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Mon May 12 12:25:09 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 19:06 -0700, Aaron Plattner wrote:

> This release adds some new product names to the list, fixes startup hangs on a
> couple of GPUs, and adds an option -- AllowDualLinkModes -- to enable validation
> of dual-link DVI modes.  Note that not all GPUs are configured at boot to
> support dual-link modes, so enable this option at your own risk.

In fact, I've yet to see any G80 at all that powers up in dual-link
mode.  Even my FX4600, which you'd think has enough other power domains
that dual link would be the least of its worries.

AFAICT, the SOR setup path doesn't actually change output timings, just
a scaler in front of the output itself.  Which would mean you never
actually transition between single-link and dual-link.  So it would be
pleasant if we could just check whether the output backend is already in
dual-link mode, rather than have to play with magic config options.  Of
course my understanding of the SOR path could be completely wrong.

- ajax