Xinput patches

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Thu Apr 9 03:04:01 PDT 2009

Peter Hutterer wrote:
>> Now you can
>> xinput do-stuff [MOUSE-0]
>
> Two things:
> - How about an array notation in the form or MOUSE[1]?
>   (and make MOUSE[] to have the same behaviour for your current [MOUSE-0])
That's what the attached patch does. So the above is now MOUSE[0].
> - I'd prefer a commandline-switch --by-type to trigger this, rather than
>   guessing from the name of the device.
Yeah, that's more extensible and more work - likely I'd have to revamp
parsing. This change doesn't block that path, so this can be done when
ambiguous cases show up.

What should be checked, is that this notation doesn't collide with
whatever HAL or evdev do to disambiguate names (if they do at all). I
don't have 2 equal mice, do you? (Does anyone?)

Cheers,

Simon