EXA patches

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:35:11 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 01:29 +0200, Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> 2009/8/4 Maarten Maathuis <madman2003 at gmail.com>:
> > I think glyphs are uploaded through UTS when possible, so that might
> > just be it. In the case of driver pixmaps it would composite them from
> > whatever driver pixmap you have iirc.
> >
> > I will make another patch handling exaGetDriverPrivate more gracefully.
>
> This seems to give many issues (calls to exaGetPixmapDriverPrivate
> converting a pixmap to driver pixmap in random places).
>
> Personally i'm inclined to go with a new exa call that forces a pixmap
> into the driver, simple and less problematic. This could be called
> after dri2 pixmap creation (which is a seperate function iirc).
It seems to me that exaMoveInPixmap() is probably a good call to use
here.  Just state that a driver using mixed-mode must call it before
attempting to access a pixmap from outside of functions called by EXA.

It's what drivers had to do with "classic" EXA from Xv etc, so it seems
to make sense to keep that behaviour.

Ben.