Enhancements for Render composite request

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Aug 25 11:14:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 13:41 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:

> This was exactly planned for in the XSync extension: all that awaits
> doing is to hook up vertical retrace to a an XSync counter, and away you go.

We don't want to wait for a vblank event, we just want to avoid tearing,
which can be done by blocking the drawing operation until the scanout is
not within the destination rectangle. This means you need to have the
drawing operation in hand before executing the delay.

XSync never considered this kind of operand dependency.

keith.packard at intel.com