.pc files in /usr/share/pkgconfig (was: macros: Changes to 'master')

Tue Dec 1 13:00:15 PST 2009

Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Le 01/12/2009 10:03, Julien Cristau a écrit :
>> I think this was intentionally installed to datadir as it's not
>> arch-dependent.  Why are you changing this?
>
> Btw, do we still have a plan/goal to change all .pc files that can go to
> /usr/share instead of /usr/lib?

I think we have an agreement that it's okay to do, and to accept
patches should they be submitted, but I don't know that anyone
has volunteered to make the changes, so am not sure it counts as
a plan yet.

Off the top of my head, I would think .pc files suitable for
$(datadir) would be proto/*, util/macros, libxtrans, and maybe
fontutil, while xorg-server & all other libs would still be
architecture-specific.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com