Delay between widget background and widget contents

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at or.uni-bonn.de
Fri Dec 4 12:09:29 PST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009 schrieb Christoph Bartoschek:

> I have dumped the network protocol into the attached file. It seems as if
>  the delay is caused between second 4.16 and 4.63 and it seems as if the
>  application is waiting for the X-Server. Is this correct?

What can I do to debug this problem? Apparently it is a problem on the server
side. The processing before the EXPOSE event takes 0.5 seconds which is too
long.

How would you debug the problem? Is there a way to increase the verbosity
level of the server for specific clients?

Is there a way to replay the X11 communication without starting the client
each time?

How can I get the library calls that caused the network traffic? Especially
the RENDER commands are not dissected by wireshark.

Christoph