Not solved!

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sat Feb 7 06:27:34 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 00:42 +0000, Nix wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2009, Michel Dänzer told this:
> > On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 18:43 +0000, Nix wrote:
> >> A kludgy approach would be to do whatever gets done on VT switch (dump
> >> and repopulate the entirety of EXA offscreen memory?) whenever a
> >> significant fraction of allocation requests start to fail due to
> >> fragmentation.
> >
> > Yeah, but I implemented something fancier. :) Care to try the attached
> > patch?
>
> Testing now. I suppose it'll be rather obvious if it fubars the glyph
> cache :) so if it's still OK in half a day or so things are probably
> fine, and if it's still fast the patch is presumably doing something as
> well! I looked over the most failure-and-typo-prone area (linked list
> maintenance, of course) and nothing obviously wrong leapt out at me.

I appreciate your looking over it, but I've been using that part of the
code for a while on my main machine, and the obvious bugs were flushed
out early on. :) The youngest parts of it are the BlockHandler and the
rate limitation to at most once per second, so those are the parts to
look out for problems with.

> > P.S. Moving to the xorg-devel list.
>
> (not subscribed, please keep Cc:s)

Don't worry, I do whether people want it or not. :)