[RFC] reducing exported symbols from libX11

Julien Cristau jcristau at debian.org
Fri Jul 31 04:49:38 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've been looking at sanitizing the list of symbols exported by libX11.so
(initially while looking at making our package use dpkg-gensymbols to
keep better track of ABI changes, see [1]).
There's probably a lot more that can be done here, but I'd like to know
if something like this is wanted before spending more time on it.
In particular I haven't even tried to figure out what the interface
between libX11 and the loadable i18n modules is supposed to be.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/ImprovedDpkgShlibdeps

Thanks,
Julien