Validating damage data visually in FC11 !

Siva 0xf.xor.0xf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 11:17:36 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am a new user of Xorg!

I am working on a proof-of-concept software in X and My setup is:
Intel 965GM, FC11, Intel video driver 2.7.0, Kernel 2.6.30.
I have already made changes on DDX to get the damage data for the root window
from damage extension.

I want to validate the damage data by displaying a black
rectangle about the size of damaged area on the screen and slowly fade
it over time. This is an intermediate step which will be very useful
in the later stages of my development.

I am hoping to get some direction from the list on
a. if this is possible at all,
b. if possible, what are the modules of interest in Server/extensions
that I will have to browse through.

My preliminary analysis points me towards Composite extension. But I
am getting the damage data in DDX and I am not sure if I could send the
damage data from DDX to Composite extension.

I regret for the open ended question and any information or pointers
will be helpful.

Thanks.
Reg,
Siva