ACE access check differences between SelectInput & RRSelectInput

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Sun Mar 8 09:44:03 PDT 2009

While tracking down problems with GTK+ applications starting up under
Solaris Trusted Extensions since our move from Xorg 1.3 to 1.5.3, we've
found that the root cause seems to be that ProcRRSelectInput is requesting
we check for DixWriteAccess to write to the window (line 79 of
randr/rrdispatch.c), while the normal XSelectInput() is handled via
ProcChangeWindowAttributes, which checks for  DixReceiveAccess for
requesting events from the window.

Is there some reason for this difference or any reason the check in
ProcRRSelectInput shouldn't be changed to also be DixReceiveAccess ?

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com