Please revert Xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 18:22:29 PDT 2009

David Miller wrote:
> From: Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:13:14 -0400
>

>> So fine. The Emacs user can open a ticket and their sysadmin will
>> change their xorg.conf.  The point is that the change needs to stay
>> on the side of the relatively small Emacs community and not on the
>> side of the huge overall Linux community.
>>

> I think you'll find more than emacs users are happy with the
> change.
>
> And hey, you have to admit you have an agenda too :-)

What are you talking about? My only agenda is to try and prevent a huge
unneeded change from being thrust upon the overall Linux community by
the lobbying effort of a tiny minority group. And with almost no one
knowing about this change, already angry threads are starting up on
this. And I don't see one person in those threads saying that this was a
good idea. The best you'll see is that they say, well we have to take
what upstream send us. That's pretty pathetic support.

Regards,
Gerry