lack of GetModifierMapping/SetModifierMapping symmetry

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Sat May 2 01:03:36 PDT 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Peter Hutterer wrote:

>> I do, but it gets overwritten by the mapping of another keyboard.
>>
>> I've done a quick hack that does a SwitchCoreKeyboard() to the VNC
>> keyboard once it gets the "on" call to its keyboard proc. That seems to
>> work well enough for the Xvnc case.
>
> Is the VNC keyboard an extension device or does it replace inputInfo.keyboard?

I don't know enough about the input system to answer that question, but
for reference, the main keyEvent handling can be viewed at:

http://tigervnc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tigervnc/trunk/unix/xserver/hw/vnc/XserverDesktop.cc?view=markup#l_1077

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer