Supporting XvPutImage when in portrait mode

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.com
Fri May 8 02:36:01 PDT 2009

Hello,

I've asked about this a couple of times on the intel-gfx list, and
received no response, so I'm trying here - given pointers to the cause
of the problems, I'm happy to go away and develop patches to fix them.

We run 1920x1080 displays from Intel 965 and 945 GPUs. Some of them are
rotated by 90 degrees, leading to a display size of 1080x1920. The intel
driver has a limit of 1920x1088 for XVideo; making the obvious change,
to switch that limit to 1088x1920 just causes the XServer to hang.

There's some mention of a bigrequests limit in the comments in the intel
driver around the 1920x1088 limit, but I don't understand why 1088x1920
doesn't fit if 1920x1088 does fit.

I'm currently using xf86-video-intel 2.7.0, xorg-xserver 1.6.1, and
Linux kernels from Fedora Rawhide. I can shift any component onwards if
this is already fixed.
--
Simon Farnsworth