xserver patch - Fix xf86CrtcSetModeTransform() to not skip transform processing with KMS

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed May 13 10:39:15 PDT 2009

[xorg@ dropped from Cc.]

Hi,

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 09:44:50AM -0700, Defnet, Benjamin R wrote:
> Fix xf86CrtcSetModeTransform() to properly process required rotation and transformation data, even when using kernel mode setting. Previously, with kernel mode setting enabled, this function just called set_mode_major() and returned causing transformations to never be applied.
>
> This is my first time submitting a patch so please let me know if I'm not doing this right.

No, because this forces all rendering to be transformed, even if you
can do rotation in hardware (cf. OMAP) and don't need any
transformations applied.  Why not just factor out the transformation
into a helper function (or helper functions?).

Also, as Maarten pointed out, set_mode_major isn't exclusive to KMS.

Cheers,
Daniel