Anyone noticed text corruption running xserver 1.6 + exa + qt4? Fixed in git head?

Éric Piel E.A.B.Piel at tudelft.nl
Mon May 18 09:14:39 PDT 2009

Op 18-05-09 18:07, Maarten Maathuis schreef:
> I used to have corruption issues on my development box too (running
> xserver git), thought it was driver related (i run nouveau + nv86). I
> left home about a month ago and a month before that (at least) the
> corruption stopped. My guess is some exa bug got fixed. I didn't think
> anything of it at the time (i suspected a qt4 bug, which it can't be
> since i'm running latest qt4 on my laptop).
> I can't be a 100% sure though as i was messing with driver allocated
> pixmap driver code too. I can't confirm for another 2 months.
>
> Now running my laptop more often i notice that radeon + rv380 has the
> same issue using xserver 1.6.
>
> Both are exa drivers. I was wondering if anyone else noticed
> something. I'm not in a position to compile xorg git, just wanted to
> share something i noticed.
>
> Screenshot included of a severe case. Text boxes, search fields, and
> such are affected.
>
> Anyway, i'm curious if anyone has seen this on either 1.6 or git head.

Hello,
Not sure if it's the same bug but I see a similar problem with intel
2.7.1 (and 2.7.0) in UXA mode + kernel GEM. In EXA mode + kernel
not-GEM, this never happens. Font corruption happens only after a while
(~ one day) and only in new applications. I have xserver 1.6.1.

Example screenshot provided.

Eric