gcc3 source code in xorg-server-1.6.1.901

Jon TURNEY jon.turney at dronecode.org.uk
Sat May 30 13:19:02 PDT 2009

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> So it looks like 1.6.1.901 was 'make dist'd with a gpl3 yacc...
> specifically, these two files are licensed under GPL-3:
>
> ./kdrive/xorg-server-1.6.1.901/hw/xwin/winprefsyacc.c
> ./kdrive/xorg-server-1.6.1.901/hw/xwin/winprefsyacc.h
>
> """
>     This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
>     it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>     the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
>     (at your option) any later version.
> """
>
> I know I can just nuke the files myself (which I will since I don't
> need xwin), but perhaps this should be discussed (and corrected)...

The next comment block is perhaps also significant

/* As a special exception, you may create a larger work that contains
    part or all of the Bison parser skeleton and distribute that work
    under terms of your choice, so long as that work isn't itself a
    parser generator using the skeleton or a modified version thereof
    as a parser skeleton.  Alternatively, if you modify or redistribute
    the parser skeleton itself, you may (at your option) remove this
    special exception, which will cause the skeleton and the resulting
    Bison output files to be licensed under the GNU General Public
    License without this special exception.

    This special exception was added by the Free Software Foundation in
    version 2.2 of Bison.  */