man xrandr

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Nov 10 03:52:01 PST 2009

On Oct 28, 09 11:02:17 +0100, Éric Piel wrote:
> Op 28-10-09 09:52, Bernard Siaud alias Troumad schreef:
> > I try to translate "man xrandr" in french.
> > I have a problem : I think that the english version is false !
> >
> > Can somebody try the option "--transform" ?
> >
> > I think that the point (x y) of the real screnn give the point
> > ((a b)(x)-(c))/(((g h)(x)+1).i)
> > ((c d)(y) (f))        (y)
> > of the virtual screen.
>
> I'm the one who wrote this part of the man-page. Just wrote it out of
> guessing, so it can easily be wrong. However, Mandriva Cooker mailing
> list is not the right place, so I'm forwarding the question to xorg-devel.

The man page seems correct, yet there is not enough information to
understand. The mathematics behind this are "homogeneous coordinates"
(see wikipedia). That's a standard concept in computer graphics, so it's
not explained explicitly anywhere AFAIK.

I eventually wanted to improve the description, but didn't have time for
that so far.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __