[Mesa3d-dev] glX TLS disabled by default?

tom fogal tfogal at alumni.unh.edu
Tue Nov 10 14:09:52 PST 2009

Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
[snip]
> > In the case that we're building against an X server, is there
> > perhaps some kind of configure-time test we could do?  Then the
> > Mesa default could be `autodetect' instead.
>
> Make it a variable in gl.pc and query it from the xserver configure.

Sorry, that was ambiguous; I wasn't trying to ask how this might
be done.  I was wondering if the X server already provided this
information in some way Mesa could figure it out.

I imagine someone would have piped up if such support already existed
though, so I guess I should volunteer.

> gl.pc:
> glx_tls = yes
>
> xserver/configure:
> if test "x$GLX_USE_TLS" = xauto; then
>     GLX_USE_TLS=`$PKG_CONFIG --variable=glx_tls gl`
>     test -z "$GLX_USE_TLS" && GLX_USE_TLS=no
> fi

.. but now that you mention it, wouldn't it be the reverse?  That is,
we'd want the X server to provide a .pc with `tls = something', and
have Mesa query the server's .pc?  I guess it depends on which is
`lower' in the software stack, which I've been assuming is the X server
(correct me?).

-tom