RC1 review for font module changes

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Oct 7 22:53:22 PDT 2009

Hopefully the last round of changes/review before pushing to master and
releasing for the 7.5 katamari.

I renamed "fontparentdir" to "fontrootdir" to be more consistent with
other autoconf directory names (like "datarootdir").   The sequence for
finding the top-level font directory is now the first found from:
     --with-fontrootdir
     pkg-config --variable=fontrootdir fontutil
     ${datadir}/fonts/X11

While finishing the conversion of the rest of the font modules to use the
new macros, I found a couple corner cases would be easier to handle if
the macro for handling the --with-fontdir arguments could be reused for
additional --with flags for other subdirectories, so refactored
XORG_FONTDIR(subdir) into XORG_FONTROOTDIR() and
XORG_FONTSUBDIR(variable, flag, subdir).

I've again attached some patches showing how this is used in modules.

A complete set of the patches to all font modules, and tarballs built
from them has been posted temporarily at:
	http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/7.5-fonts-RC1/

For these tarballs, the version numbers weren't bumped yet (except for
font-util, which had to be for the version checking to work), but that
will certainly happen for the actual release versions.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com