[PATCH] dix: remove unused and half-broken code to restore original classes.
peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Sep 6 23:12:12 PDT 2009
In theory, the MD should change back to its old, original classes when the
last SD is detached. Thanks to the XTEST devices, we'll always have an SD
attached until the MD is removed. So let's not worry about that and do
nothing instead of having some code that's essentially untested.
Signed-off-by: Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>
dix/devices.c | 27 ++++-----------------------
1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
diff --git a/dix/devices.c b/dix/devices.c
index 0be3d58..97bb7df 100644
@@ -2374,30 +2374,11 @@ AttachDevice(ClientPtr client, DeviceIntPtr dev, DeviceIntPtr master)
- /* If we were connected to master device before, this MD may need to
- * change back to it's original classes.
+ /* XXX: in theory, the MD should change back to its old, original
+ * classes when the last SD is detached. Thanks to the XTEST devices,
+ * we'll always have an SD attached until the MD is removed.
+ * So let's not worry about that.
- if (oldmaster)
- DeviceIntPtr it;
- for (it = inputInfo.devices; it; it = it->next)
- if (!IsMaster(it) && it->u.master == oldmaster)
- if (!it) /* no dev is paired with old master */
- EventListPtr event = NULL;
- /* XXX: reset master back to defaults */
- event = InitEventList(1);
- SetMinimumEventSize(event, 1, sizeof(DeviceChangedEvent));
- CreateClassesChangedEvent(event, oldmaster, oldmaster,
- DEVCHANGE_POINTER_EVENT | DEVCHANGE_KEYBOARD_EVENT);
- XISendDeviceChangedEvent(oldmaster, oldmaster,
- FreeEventList(event, 1);
More information about the xorg-devel