Announcing the X11R7.5 supermodule

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Sep 10 23:02:07 PDT 2009

As previously mentioned, I created a git supermodule for X11R7.5. It is now
in a usable state.

        http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~whot/X11R7.5/

The supermodule starting point was X11R7.4. It includes modules listed in
build.sh, with dependencies outside the xorg/ tree in a directory called
extras (xcb, mesa, pixman).

Some modules removed since 7.4 have been removed from the supermodule, other
modules have been updated to their latest released version.

With the release of the server snapshot last week the module is now
up-to-date and everything builds against each other (tested on F-11
tinderbox without any system X and GL headers installed).
Please find the shortlog below, though note that it contains all versions
when added to the module. Thus some modules may be listed multiple times if
they got updated a few times within the last few weeks.

I'll keep updating with releases as they come until we hit X11R7.5.  If you
notice a module that is not at the required version please notify me.

To use this supermodule to get a full build do the following:
    git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~whot/X11R7.5.git
    cd X11R7.5
    git submodule init
    git submodule update
    ./TINDERBOX <prefix>

The prefix is optional, default is /opt/X11R7.5. The TINDERBOX script
continues with the last module unless --restart is given (which also wipes
<prefix>). So if a build error occurs, just re-run TINDERBOX with the same
prefix.

Once you're done, you can simply run the following commands to get the
latest tree:
    git pull --rebase
    git submodule update
    ./TINDERBOX --restart <prefix>

Please give this a try, it's probably the easiest way of testing an upcoming
release we've had so far.

Cheers,
  Peter

git shortlog:

Aaron Plattner (1):
      xf86-video-nv-2.1.14

Adam Jackson (10):
      fixesproto-4.1
      glproto-1.4.10
      libXaw-1.0.6
      libXfont-1.4.0
      libXt-1.0.6
      xf86-input-vmmouse-12.6.5
      xf86-video-chips-1.2.2
      xf86-video-dummy-0.3.2
      xf86-video-rendition-4.2.2
      xf86-video-tseng-1.2.2

Alan Coopersmith (6):
      util-macros-1.2.2
      libFS-1.0.2
      libpciaccess-0.10.8
      xtrans-1.2.4
      xf86-input-mouse-1.4.99.1
      util-macros-1.3.0

Alex Deucher (1):
      xf86-video-ati-6.12.2

Arnaud Fontaine (1):
      libxcb 1.4

Brian Paul (1):
      mesa_7_5_1

Carl Worth (2):
      xf86-video-intel-2.8.0
      xf86-video-intel-2.8.99.901

Dave Airlie (31):
      xf86-video-apm-1.2.2
      xf86-video-ark-0.7.1
      xf86-video-ast-0.89.9
      xf86-video-cirrus-1.3.2
      xf86-video-fbdev-0.4.1
      xf86-video-glint-1.2.4
      xf86-video-i128-1.3.3
      xf86-video-i740-1.3.2
      xf86-video-mach64-6.8.2
      xf86-video-mga-1.4.11
      xf86-video-neomagic-1.2.4
      xf86-video-r128-6.8.1
      xf86-video-s3-0.6.3
      xf86-video-s3virge-1.10.4
      xf86-video-savage-2.3.1
      xf86-video-siliconmotion-1.7.3
      xf86-video-sis-0.10.2
      xf86-video-sisusb-0.9.3
      xf86-video-tdfx-1.4.3
      xf86-video-trident-1.3.3
      xf86-video-vesa-2.2.1
      xf86-video-voodoo-1.2.3
      xf86-video-ark-0.7.2
      xf86-video-newport-0.2.3
      xf86-video-rendition-4.2.3
      xf86-video-tga-1.2.1
      xf86-video-tseng-1.2.3
      xf86-video-xgi-1.5.1
      xf86-video-sunffb-1.2.1
      xf86-video-xgixp-1.7.99.4
      xf86-video-ati-6.12.4

Eric Anholt (1):
      libdrm-2.4.13

Fredrik Höglund (1):
      renderproto-0.11

Guillem Jover (1):
      xf86-video-glide-1.0.3

Ian Romanick (1):
      dri2proto 2.1

James Cloos (1):
      xproto-7.0.15

Jeremy Huddleston (2):
      applewmproto-1.3.0
      libAppleWM-1.4.0

Josh Triplett (1):
      pthread-stubs 0.1

Julien Cristau (5):
      xf86-video-newport-0.2.2
      xf86-video-suncg14-1.1.1
      xf86-video-suncg3-1.1.1
      xf86-video-suncg6-1.1.1
      xf86-video-suntcx-1.1.1

Julien Danjou (1):
      xcbproto 1.5

Martin-Éric Racine (1):
      xf86-video-geode-2.11.4.1

Matthias Hopf (4):
      randrproto-1.3.0
      libXrandr-1.3.0
      xrandr-1.3.1
      xrandr-1.3.2

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade (2):
      libICE-1.0.5
      xf86-input-keyboard-1.3.99.1

Peter Hutterer (68):
      Remove proto/trapproto. Obsolete module.
      Remove proto/xf86miscproto. Obsolete module.
      Remove proto/fontcacheproto. Obsolete module.
      Remove lib/libXxf86misc. Obsolete module.
      Remove lib/libXfontcache. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/bitmap. Obsolete module
      Remove app/xkbutils. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/appres. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/mkfontdir. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/mkfontscale. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/sessreg. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xbacklight. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xcmsdb. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xcursorgen. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xf86dga. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xgamma. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xkbevd. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xpr. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xrefresh. Obsolete module.
      Remove app/xsetmode. Obsolete module.
      xextproto-7.1.1
      inputproto-1.9.99.902
      recordproto-1.13.99.1
      resourceproto-1.1.0
      scrnsaverproto-1.2.0
      bigreqsproto-1.1.0
      dmxproto-2.2.99.1
      xcmiscproto-1.2.0
      xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0
      xf86driproto-2.1.0
      evieproto-1.1.0
      xineramaproto-1.1.99.1
      applewmproto-1.4.1
      videoproto-2.3.0
      damageproto-1.2.0
      fontsproto-2.1.0
      xf86dgaproto-2.0.99.1
      xf86vidmodeproto-2.2.99.1
      libdmx-1.0.99.1
      libX11-1.2.99.901
      libXext-1.0.99.4
      libXi-1.2.99.4
      libXinerama-1.0.99.1
      libXScrnSaver-1.2.0
      libXtst-1.0.99.2
      libXxf86dga-1.0.99.1
      libXxf86vm-1.0.99.1
      libfontenc-1.0.5
      libICE-1.0.6
      libXau-1.0.5
      Add xkeyboard-config 1.6 to extras.
      libXcursor-1.1.10
      xorg-server-1.6.99.900
      setxkbmap-1.1.0
      xinput-1.4.99.2
      xkbcomp-1.1.0
      xf86-input-acecad-1.3.0
      xf86-input-aiptek-1.2.0
      xf86-input-evdev-2.2.99.1
      xf86-input-void-1.2.0
      xf86-input-synaptics-1.1.99.1
      xf86-input-acecad-1.4.0
      xf86-input-aiptek-1.3.0
      xf86-input-void-1.3.0
      xf86-video-nv-2.1.15
      xf86-input-joystick-1.4.99.1
      Add TINDERBOX script to build everything easily.
      TINDERBOX: if built.modules doesn't exist, assume it's a first run (WIPE)

Philip Langdale (2):
      xf86-video-vmware-10.16.7
      xf86-video-vmware-10.16.8

Rémi Cardona (1):