xf86-input-wacom now available

Wed Sep 30 08:50:48 PDT 2009

Edward O'Callaghan wrote:
> Ugh, GPL, So we can't have this for OpenSolaris or any of the *BSD's then?

Any OpenSolaris or BSD distro who wants to ship a GPL Xorg driver is free
to do so - GPL doesn't conflict with the MIT license used in the rest of
Xorg, it just adds additional restrictions to it.  The kernel side will be
problematic, but you'd have to rewrite that for BSD or Solaris kernel
interfaces anyway.

(The Sun produced distros will probably not include the GPL-licensed module
  because we choose to ship other closed source Xorg drivers, but that's up
  to each distro maker to decide, and we may find other ways to get this
  functionality.)

    -Alan Coopersmith-		alan.coopersmith at sun.com