a question about software cursor in Xorg

truename harry_hao at yeah.net
Mon Apr 5 17:47:56 PDT 2010

Hi,
  I wrote a video driver in Xorg 1.3 in Fedora 7. I implement hardware acceleration of 2D
operation. I use software cursor in my driver. There is a problem with the cursor. You can
see how to reproduce the problem as following.
  1. open a window, for example a terminal
  2. click the window title bar with the left button of the mouse(do not release the button)
and continuously drag the window to other places in the screen randomly
  3. release the left button of the mouse
  Now you can see the window of the terminal is corrupted. Among the window rectangular
region, there are several cursor images which cover the window image. You can see the screen
shot in the attach files.
  Normally if I move the cursor from one place to another(not dragging a window), everything
is OK.
  Then I do some further test. In my driver I implement ScreenToScreenCopy acceleration.
If I disable ScreenToScreenCopy acceleration, the problem disappears.
  Can you give me some comments about my problem? If you need some more information, please
let me know.
  Harry