Merged proto package

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Apr 8 13:55:50 PDT 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:24:44 -0400, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

> I see that there are no tags in the combined proto repo.  Retaining
> history should require retaining the tags, too.

Almost all of the tags in the proto modules are old CVS tags, and
they're all the same names, so we can't move them forward without
actually merging the histories back together.

> I hope the goal is to eliminate the existing, separate autofoo in favour
> of one for all.  Installing the separate pkgconfig scripts is OK for now,
> but the autofoo should be merged before the first tar release, I think.

That's all done; the current package builds only from the top level.

> Eventually, it would be better to have a single pc, too.  But that can
> wait at least until the server's 1.9 release.

We'll install the old ones for backwards compatibility, but should plan
on changing the users to switch to just asking for 'xproto >= 7.1'.

keith.packard at intel.com