No icon on the gnome desktop using geode driver

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Thu Apr 8 23:55:18 PDT 2010

Hi, all

            This is AMD guy. We need some help from the community.

            Right now, we are debugging the geode driver. In three BTS,
the big issue is the "no icon" bug on the desktop.

            I have written some simple Xlib programs trying  to
reproduce this issue because it does not depend on the window manager.
That will be more simple to fix on the bug root. But all these programs
failed to reproduce.

            Two Xlib application to demonstrate:

            One is displaying an application icon via the Window manager
using XCreateBitmapFromData() function. This icon can display on the
application window correctly.

            The other is an application using libxpm. It get the pixmap
from a file using the function XpmReadFileToPixmap(). This icon can also
display in the application.

            Another example is the eog program under gnome. The button
icon can not be displayed in the program. It is quite similar with our
bug. But this program is written in GTK, no Xlib.

            So is there some people know the mechanism of the GNOME to
display the icon? I found that these files are png file format. Or any
program can reproduce this using Xlib??

            I attached a file to demonstrate this bug.

Thanks,

Frank