Merged proto package

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Apr 13 00:03:27 PDT 2010

Keith Packard wrote:
> Looks like comments on the xproto package have tapered off; I'll give
> everyone another chance, but then I'll go ahead and create a new
> xorg-level 'xproto' repository with the current bits.
>
> Eric had an additional suggestion this afternoon -- would it be crazy to
> consider merging util/macros and/or util/modular into this package at
> some point? Again, with the goal of making it easier to build the server
> or drivers, this would further reduce the potential necessary upstream
> bits.

I agree with the later comment that util/macros is changing a lot faster
than most protos at the moment as we get some long needed work done on it.

I also don't think we've ever released anything from util/modular in a tarball
- a bunch of the scripts there were only useful during modularization, others
really only useful for building from git - nothing I know of that you'd want
to package for release.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com