RFD: setting up a minimal xorg configuration

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Wed Apr 14 11:57:37 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 07:15:07PM +0200, ext Daniel Stone wrote:

> Do you have hard numbers on what it's actually saving, particularly as
> to whether it affects the number of pages that actually get accessed
> rather than the on-disk size?

Pick the linux kernel. Compile with all modules. Modules builtin. Okay, it's
cooked. Use for all kind of devices. There we have the exactly the current
Xorg without these options.

For me seems so obvious to conditionalize code that I don't use. I understand
that we'll be introducing complexity here, but it's must. IMHO the only thing
to discuss is _how_ we should do it, trying to minimize such complexity.

Or Am I missing something very hardly obvious?

                      Tiago, sounding arrogant but just trying to be clear.