Implementation of PXA270 18BPP mode

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 02:34:11 PDT 2010

hi, all!
How big effort is to support 18bpp (666) color mode (which is
available in PXA270 and probably
others)?
I have managed basic X server to work, but when I enable Composite and
RENDER, I see all
antialiasing is broken (weird colors). That include both font
rendering and icons e.g in lxde.
Any ideas on fixing this? because if I run GTK+ applications without
RENDER, they won't work at
all, and I still haven't decided what is simpler - to fix GTK+ (and
probably some more things)
or to make X server support RENDER with this mode.
Options I run X server with are /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -br -audit 0
-fbbpp 32 -depth 18 -weight
666 -extension RENDER -extension Composite
any ideas?

Only thing I have to patch to get basic support for this mode is
pixman, so I hope, all
should be quite straightforward to make working.

Thanks a lot,
S.