[PULL] MAXSCREENS removal preparation

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Mon Apr 26 05:29:16 PDT 2010

Keith,

This patch series is a preparation to remove MAXSCREENS from the server. It
shouldn't affect nothing so in depth, really. Just a preparation.

Before go to remove MAXSCREENS, there will be probably one more one
preparation set including xinerama patches from Jamey (I still have to review
them) and some xvfb fixes that I sent a week ago. That's in my backlog.

On the top of this patch series there's a single patch to remove "unused"
fields and bump the ABI. This one is not reviewed by no one yet, but I guess
you can choose by yourself if it goes or not.

The work is here:

    git://people.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/xserver.git for-keith

Please, let me know if everything looks good. Thanks

           Tiago

The following changes since commit 35d208125fa0ec78e8d694adc52886b977e789cf:
  Tiago Vignatti (1):
        xfree86: fix not reached code in fi1236 driver from i2c

are available in the git repository at:

  git://people.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/xserver.git for-keith

Jamey Sharp (3):
      xfree86: use screen privates for Xv offscreen images.
      xfree86: use screen privates for exclusive DGA clients
      fb: track screens' installed colormaps as screen privates.

Jon TURNEY (2):
      Xwin: Simplify screen option processing
      Xwin: make screens structures run-time adjustable

Tiago Vignatti (5):
      mi: track screens' installed colormaps as screen privates
      xfree86: track screens' installed colormaps as screen privates
      xfree86: no need to assign numScreens again
      dix and others: remove unused arraySize field from ScreenInfo
      include: remove couple of unused structures fields and bump ABI

 dix/main.c                           |    1 -
 fb/fbcmap.c                          |   16 +-
 hw/vfb/InitOutput.c                  |   23 +-
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86DGA.c          |    2 +-
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86Init.c         |    3 -
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86Module.h       |    6 +-
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86cmap.c         |   49 ++--
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86xv.c           |   24 +-
 hw/xfree86/dixmods/extmod/xf86dga2.c |   70 ++--
 hw/xfree86/vgahw/vgaCmap.c           |   14 +-
 hw/xnest/Color.c                     |   22 +-
 hw/xwin/InitOutput.c                 |   26 +-
 hw/xwin/win.h                        |    8 +-
 hw/xwin/winglobals.c                 |    4 +-
 hw/xwin/winscrinit.c                 |    2 +-
 hw/xwin/winvalargs.c                 |   31 +-
 include/dixstruct.h                  |    4 -
 include/scrnintstr.h                 |    2 -
 mi/micmap.c                          |   15 +-
 mi/micmap.h                          |    8 +-
 test/xi2/protocol-common.c           |    1 -
 test/xtest.c                         |    1 -