[PULL] misc XQuartz fixes

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Apr 30 13:13:16 PDT 2010

On Apr 30, 2010, at 12:44, Keith Packard wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:23:26 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> This pull request includes an unreviewed patch outside of XQuartz
>> which has been submitted to the list twice.  It is small and just adds
>> some sanity checking to miPaintWindow.  These checks used to be in
>> XQuartz' paintWindow() codepath before all that was nuked.  It helps
>> us make sure we don't try to draw the root window when it shouldn't be
>> drawn (rootless mode).
>
> Ok, 'drawable' will never be null -- it's assigned as a reference to the
> drawable element inside the window structure.

what about the early return if it's an UNDRAWABLE_WINDOW?

> Second, if it's really just for rootless mode, then shouldn't the check
> be stuck inside the nice ROOTLESS block sitting there?

ok.  I pushed that into the ifdef for rootless and updated the pull request.

The goal, however, is to get rid of that rootless block... but I can't really do that until I figure out what is causing the clipping boundaries of the GC to be incorrect (see earlier posts over the past 2 weeks).

The following changes since commit 81a081c1f0cb55df94cb10495aa7ad71cd5a9afb:
  Jon TURNEY (1):
        Cygwin/X: AIGLX using native WGL

are available in the git repository at:

  git://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/xserver master

Jeremy Huddleston (3):
      rootless: Remove an unneeded comment
      rootless: Add some sanity checking to miPaintWindow
      XQuartz GLX: Change around includes for better compatability with different OS versions

Oliver McFadden (1):
      x-list.c: null-returning function malloc() was called without checking

 hw/xquartz/GL/indirect.c        |    2 ++
 hw/xquartz/GL/visualConfigs.c   |    3 ++-
 hw/xquartz/xpr/x-list.c         |    1 +
 mi/miexpose.c                   |    3 +++
 miext/rootless/rootlessWindow.c |    4 ----