Re[2]: Multikey autorepetition

Антон Ерофеевский aeforeve at mail.ru
Tue Aug 10 00:27:01 PDT 2010

> > Антон has even written a patch to implement it!
> >
> > Is there any X guru who could explain why such behaviour would break
> > totally the X11 paradigm... or review the patch?
> > Peter maybe?
>
> Key repeat is defined in the XKB protocol spec somewhere. I don't remember
> off-heart but if that restricts us to one key at a time you'd need to bump
> the protocol to repeat multiple keys properly. Just have a look at the spec.

Repetition only one key has arisen on cheap keyboards - their controllers simply and did not do anything else than a minimum

As it works on good keyboards in mswin it is possible to see here
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup? v =-H_ORH-L-Dk&vq=large#t=380

But I do not know in this case - whether keyboards or systems worked it