protocol & driver releases needed for Xorg 1.9

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Aug 10 09:45:55 PDT 2010

Matt Turner wrote:
>> xf86-video-glide:
>>        24 commits since 1.2.24, including:
>>   Matt Turner:
>>      Use libc instead of deprecated libc wrappers for malloc/calloc/free.
>
> I think this is supposed to be xf86-video-glint, instead of glide.
> (And 1.2.4 instead of 1.2.24)

Yeah - I failed at copy and paste there, since the only change to -glide
since it's last release was my commit of Sun license notice changes in January,
and git describe of -glint says: xf86-video-glint-1.2.4-24-ga2fa84d
(i.e. 24 changes since 1.2.4).

> Given a bit of guidance on how to sign and make releases, I'd like to
> do this one.

The release process is pretty simple and fairly well documented at:
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/ReleaseHOWTO

xf86-video-glint should be a nice simple one for your first release, so
I'd say go for it (and you know how to find us on #xorg-devel if you
have any questions).

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com