Make EVDEV a driver which is acutally useful

ManDay manday at gmx.net
Mon Aug 30 01:14:10 PDT 2010

I'm deperately trying to solve a real world problem that is. Many
applications do not have such sophisticated methods to use input devices
(in my case: GIMP). If X/evdev gave me the option to arbitrarily remapw
anything to anything (or just axes->buttons, for that matter) it would
solve this problem for all these programs alltogether. the problem i see
with evdev is simply that its not gerenic enough. i said that evdev has
no "proper" support for enhanced devices because most of its options can
only be used for X and Y axes and nothing beyond.

--MD