XInput2 Raw Messages

Patrick Baggett baggett.patrick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 02:09:17 PST 2010

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 and testing out some examples using XI2. I don't
appear to be getting all the raw messages I've selected however, and I can't
explain why. I've attached a program that demonstrates my problem. I can
only get the XI_RawMotion and XI_RawButtonPress events to show up when I
perform various actions, but I was expecting to see the
RawButtonRelease/RawKeyPress/RawKeyRelease as well. Is this a problem with
the X server or my program?

Another issue that seems to happen is that when I click and drag, no motion
events are reported. I'm not sure if that isn't intentional though.

Patrick Baggett