Failure in detecting keyboard

Wed Feb 3 07:25:18 PST 2010

Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
>> Sergey, is there still reason for doing this? I note the commit dates back
>> to 2004.
> Well, at that point in 2004 something did not work without it, so I
> created it.

It was probably needed for trying to drop in xkb-config to to replace the xkb
data in the XFree86 or Xorg monolithic builds (i.e. pre-7.0).   The change to
run xkbcomp from the bin directory instead of the data was made in Xorg in 2005:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=287336f3c9e5023acbfba6508b05a68ccca9ddf0

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com