xorg.conf.d - InputClass feature request

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jan 5 06:47:42 PST 2010

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 04:01:27PM +0100, Alberto Milone wrote:
>> The quirk would be applied only if the tag matched the one assigned by udev.
>>
>> Is this correct?
>
> yes, this was the idea, though we might need to think about namespacing the
> tags. some discussion with the udev guys would be beneficial here.
How far would you say we can go with tags?

A thing I've had stubling in my head was to automatically downscale
high-DPI mice, based on config rules of course. In tags, I'd have to go
like:
if DPI > 1000 tag="high-dpi"
if DPI > 2000 tag="super-high-dpi"
if DPI > 3000 tag="super-duper-high-dpi"

which isn't exactly it. But what's appropriate then?

Cheers,

Simon