[REVIEW] DMX2 DIX merge

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 6 14:25:06 PST 2010

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:12:15 -0500, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:

> a) Enabling support for the Composite stack in Xinerama mode

Sure. Just bug fixes for fixes/render/composite. From my brief glance,
these all look like reasonable patches.

> b) Exposing animated cursors to the DDX for acceleration

Agreed. bleh.

> c) Integrating RANDR and Xinerama at the protocol layer

It seems like we could use the current Panoramix implementation at least
for now, even if you want to do a better job later on. Of course, this
exposes all kinds of weird crtc placement restrictions as the crtcs for
each card must all fall within the card frame buffer restrictions.

> d) Various performance optimizations for redirected windows and
> MIT-SHM

Is this actually a useful optimization now that we have TFP?

keith.packard at intel.com