libminitrue

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Jan 7 12:42:44 PST 2010

Am 07.01.10, 10:09 -0500 schrieb Adam Jackson:
> On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 14:38 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> The above library appears rather early in development.
>> Too early to come with patches for extending?
>
> Not at all, please do.

Thanks for applying the previous two patches.

Attached is the colorimetry.patch and the changed test.c app.
The patch allowes the changed test application to print out the
colorimetric coordinates from inside a EDID block. These coordinates can
be further used to generate an ICC profile as is done in Oyranos git.

The patch corrects a mistake in edid.c:41.
"if (memcmp(block, header, 8) != 0)"
is needed to check for equality there, which means, the block is fine
and the function can continue with that EDID block and shall not return
at this point.

I marked the code taken from Soren in edid.c. I may better mention him in
the file header?

monitor.c:7 gets a small bugfix.

New public APIs are  declared:
   struct mt_doubles
   mt_monitor_colorimetry_rgbwgamma
   mt_destroy_doubles

Please note mt_destroy_doubles takes a pointer to a pointer and sets the
pointer to zero. That way the pointer can not be further used by accident.
The usage of already freed pointers is a common mistake in C. Hope that
makes sense in this context.

How is the documentation done to describe the declarations? Inline in
doxygen style or something else?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--