Problem with mouse input "freeze"

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jan 7 22:04:34 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 10:13:24PM +0100, Oldřich Jedlička wrote:
> > > can I assume you only have one master device and you aren't playing
> > > around with MPX? what's the output of xinput --list --short? is the pad a
> > > floating slave?
> > >
> > > I can't reproduce it here, neither on 1.7 nor on master so I might need
> > >  some special setup.
> >
> > I will add some logging to valuators update function (the code touched in
> >  your latest patch and updateStaveDeviceCoords) in the evening, just to be
> >  sure that the valuators are updated and kept correctly. If you point me to
> >  some other place in code, I can add logging there too.
>
> I've tried KDE4 just to be sure and it works correctly there. The KDE3.5 is
> affected by this bug. So I don't know if it makes sense to investigate it
> further (if it is bug in KDE3.5/Qt or xorg).

weird. the only client thing that should trigger this behaviour is a direct
XI2 slave grab. KDE 3.5 can't do that though, it came out way before XI2.

I might have to dig out a kde installation to reproduce that.
If you can ssh in during that time, please run xinput --list --short when
this happens and see if the device got detached.

Cheers,
  Peter