pkg-config files list protos when not required

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Sun Jan 10 10:52:19 PST 2010

On Jan 10, 2010, at 09:19, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Right, this was more of a cleanup for the server's benefit so that
> pulling in the proto headers wouldn't drag in datatypes from the
> client side. But both the client and server are always going to need
> pull in the protocol headers such as <X11/X.h>. The only way to avoid
> that would be to duplicate them into the server and all the libraries.

Right, I was just under the impression that thee *proto bits were hidden from the clients (and by clients, I mean clients of the libraries rather than clients of the server).  It's obvious that libXrender needs to know render-proto, but I thought that was all abstracted away from some misc application that uses libXrender ... guess I just wished for too much.