Status of the siliconmotion fd.o driver

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Jan 14 05:55:33 PST 2010

Hello Francisco,

you appear to be a maintainer of the xf-86-video-siliconmotion
tree at git.freedesktop.org.

I'm comparing this driver with the codebase maintained by Silicon
Motion. Functionally, the most noticeable difference is that the fd.o
driver has been updated to support the current X server ABI, while the
Siliconmotion driver contains new features and bugfixes.

My goal is to get hardware accelerated graphics on the Lemote Yeeloong,
which is a MIPS-based laptop with a LynxEM+ 712.

After fixing a few problems with direct access to programmed I/O ports
at initialization time, I got the fd.o driver to initialize and restore
the video mode registers, although the display is still garbled.

To prevent duplication of effort, I'd like to know if anyone else is
interested in synchronizing changes across these drivers. If not, would
patches going in this direction be welcome?