[Patch] let sessreg build with utmpx exclusively

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sat Jan 16 10:38:16 PST 2010

Hi Alan,

* Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at Sun.COM> wrote:
> The utmpx support was written on Solaris, which while it dropped the utmp
> & wtmp files years ago, left the headers & functions for backwards
> compatibility, so we never had to support building without them.

Yes. Most operating systems provide both, but I'd rather remove it at
the same to prevent confusion. FreeBSD 9.0 is still a long time away, so
I sort of accepted the short-term breakage.

> The patch looks pretty good, and I've confirmed it still builds fine on
> Solaris.   I do see one small style nit - the #ifdef/#endif indentation
> doesn't match here, which could be confusing:
>
> +# ifdef HAVE_UTMPX_NAME
> +           if (utmpx_file != NULL)
> +#endif

I just fixed that, including another pair of #ifdefs that had some bad
whitespace.

> Can you add a 'Signed-off-by' tag  ("git commit --amend -s" should do that),
> and then submit the patch as output from git format-patch?   That will help
> us preserve the authorship and your comments, and I'll push that.

I've attached a new patch.  My git fu is not so great, so let me know if
I did something wrong. Thanks!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/