No subject

Fri Jul 2 02:16:35 PDT 2010

any combinations of BTN, ABS, and MT events. Keys are getting there as well, but
are still normally separated by force. In other words, trusting the kernel to
make a logical split of events which fits the X framework is not very fruitful.

Going forward, I wonder why we split input into separate devices at all. We have
different types, and different behavior based on capabilities, but input is
becoming so intermixed that the notion of separated devices looses its meaning.
Why not just put all input events into the same bucket, and let clients specify
what event types to listen to?

Cheers,
Henrik